Where does Jesus say he is God?

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

Where does Jesus say he is God?

Postby EnderGate » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 pm

According to Islam, these are the names/attributes of Allah (God)
http://www.jannah.org/articles/names.html

If they ask, where in the Bible does Jesus say he is God...

Jesus said...

Al-Ba^ith - The Resurrection
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" (John 11:25)

Al-Haqq - The Truth
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Al-Hameed
- The Praiseworthy (Luke 19:38-40)

Al-'Awwal - The First, Al-'Akhir - The Last
Jesus said; "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (Revelation 22:13)

John 8:58 wrote:Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

And that is just to name a few. Jesus boldly made this claim that he was God in flesh.

God bless,
EnderGate
Christian

Re: Where does Jesus say he is God?

Postby verily777akaShamu171 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Amen. :mrgreen:

We can also look at the OT and NT...

Old Testament

Isaiah 43:10-12

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

New Testament

2 Timothy 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Numbers 6
24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The LORD make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26The LORD lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
verily777akaShamu171
Christian

Postby gardner » Sun May 24, 2009 11:34 pm

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Galatians 1:1 Paul an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
gardner
Christian

Postby Angelic Enigma » Mon May 25, 2009 12:42 am

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.
Angelic Enigma
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Mon May 25, 2009 11:07 pm

I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. - John 17:4-5

For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another. -Isaiah 48:11

If Jesus has the same glory as the Father, then that means that God, in Isaiah 48:11, was speaking not only as the Father, but also the Son.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Mon May 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Jesus is our Saviour, stated many times in the New Testament. Even Jehovah Witnesses believe this.

Jehovah said this....
Isaiah 43:11 wrote:I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
EnderGate
Christian

Postby angelbein » Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 am

EnderGate wrote:Jesus is our Saviour, stated many times in the New Testament. Even Jehovah Witnesses believe this.

Jehovah said this....

I thought Jesus is Michael the Archangel according to them?
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Tue May 26, 2009 2:52 am

angelbein wrote:
EnderGate wrote:Jesus is our Saviour, stated many times in the New Testament. Even Jehovah Witnesses believe this.

Jehovah said this....

I thought Jesus is Michael the Archangel according to them?

To them, yeah. What they don't realize is Jehovah has openly stated that He is Savior, and there is no other. The New Testament repeatedly holds that Jesus Christ alone is Savior, and therefore the Bible teaches that Jesus is God.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby Angelic Enigma » Tue May 26, 2009 8:01 am

Isaiah 9:6
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Also,

Matthew 28:9 KJV
(9) And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Deuteronomy 6:13 KJV
(13) Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Matthew 4:10 KJV
(10) Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

And,

John 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 5:7
(7) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
Angelic Enigma
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:02 am

I came across this today:

Thus says the LORD: 'I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.' - Zechariah 8:3

This is an obvious prophecy of the millenial reign of Christ from Jerusalem. In the passage, it refers to Him as "the LORD". We know that the Bible doesn't teach the Father will be ruling and reigning, Christ will. Therefore, Christ is God.
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby Genesis » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:42 am

There are a multitude of scriptures that tell us that Jesus is the Lord, but I believe Ender is looking at the portions that Jesus Himself declares Himself to be God.

Bein, Ender isn't talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses, he is talking about Jehovah Himself.

Jehovah said this....
Genesis
Christian

Postby angelbein » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:53 am

Genesis wrote:There are a multitude of scriptures that tell us that Jesus is the Lord, but I believe Ender is looking at the portions that Jesus Himself declares Himself to be God.

Bein, Ender isn't talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses, he is talking about Jehovah Himself.

Jehovah said this....

Yep, I know. :)
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Return to Christianity 101