Matt 18:23-35 - Forgiveness

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

Matt 18:23-35 - Forgiveness

Postby EnderGate » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:01 am

Matt 18:23-35 - Forgiveness...

23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

24And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

27Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

28But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

29And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

32Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
EnderGate
Christian

Postby DevonR » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:42 am

I remember when forgiveness was shown to me a lot when I was small, I'm glad it has stuck.

I did openly ask a kid at school to forgive me, because I felt I mocked him and was being very harsh towards him, he said he forgave me which was a relief! Pity I don't see him anymore, I would have liked to preach to him.

PS: That red font is hurting my eyes sort of. (and is that what this thread is for, to talk about forgiveness... or to just read your posts?)

God Bless!
DevonR
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Not my words... But I would say forgiveness is not often easy, and being able to, does not make one better than the other that cannot (or does not.)
EnderGate
Christian

Return to Christianity 101