Salvation in Christ Jesus

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

Salvation in Christ Jesus

Postby EnderGate » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:41 pm

God tells us how to relate with him:

Deuteronomy 11:13 wrote:And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
Deuteronomy 13:3 wrote:Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Joshua 22:5 wrote:... to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Jeremiah 29:13 wrote:And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Matthew 22:37 wrote:Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Mark 12:30 wrote:Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Luke 10:27 wrote:He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbour as yourself.

One can't reveal it to another as truth, only God can. We are saved by His gift of grace, not our works. Our works are the just fruits of our faith. God's laws are just, they are written on our hearts. Know the laws and know that all are sinners for breaking His laws.
Romans 3:23 wrote:For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Acts 15:11 wrote:But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ephesians 2:5 wrote:Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:8 wrote:For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
2 Timothy 1:9 wrote:Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
Romans 3:27 wrote:Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Romans 4:5 wrote:But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 9:32 wrote:Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Galatians 2:16 wrote:Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Galatians 3:2 wrote:This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:5 wrote:He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 5:6 wrote:For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
1 Thessalonians 1:3 wrote:Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

The Word, is the Truth, is Jesus Christ, is the Life, the Way, Lamb of God, King of Kings, Lord of Lords. (The Word of our Heavenly Father is like foolishness to the unbeliever, how true)
1 Corinthians 2:14 wrote:But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
John 14:17 wrote:Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 wrote:And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Romans 1:21-22 wrote:Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

We will be mocked for voicing these beliefs.
2 Peter 3:3 wrote:Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires.
John 8:44 wrote:Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

We must be born again...
John 3:3-7 wrote:Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

His Word will not return void, my thanks be to God.
EnderGate
Christian

Return to Christianity 101