Election, saved by God, Freewill

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

Election, saved by God, Freewill

Postby EnderGate » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Allow me to refer to the word of God.

Ephesians 1:4-5, 11 wrote:According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

John 10:27-29 wrote:My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 wrote:But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Romans 8:28-31 wrote:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Jeremiah 1:5 wrote:Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

When God makes a decree, it always happens.

1 John 4:19 wrote:We love him, because he first loved us.

Sure we do have choices and are responsible for our sin, Is faith the 'birth cry' of a new born in the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8 wrote:For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1 Thessalonians 2:13 wrote:For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Acts 11:17 wrote:Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ;
Acts 13:48 wrote:And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
John 6:29 wrote:Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:64 wrote:But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

God is sovereign, this is solid doctrine to keep in mind...

Pray on it, Thanks be to God.
EnderGate
Christian

Re: Election, saved by God?

Postby EnderGate » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm

The fact that God is sovereign does not exclude that man is also responsible for his own sin. Man does have a the will to make choices.

2 Chronicles 12:14 wrote:And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.

Matthew 9:4 wrote:And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

John 3:15-21 wrote:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 5:24 wrote:Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Are the 'elect' those that truly 'believe'? Only God would know who would believe? Only God can see the heart... Make the right choice, Choose life.
Deuteronomy 30:19 wrote: ... therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

John 19:35-37 wrote: 35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Acts 13:48 wrote:And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 10:9 wrote:That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 3:26 wrote:To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
EnderGate
Christian

Return to Christianity 101