World Peace?

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

World Peace?

Postby EnderGate » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:04 pm

World Peace = "Happily Ever After" from the worldview is actually temporary.
"Eternal Life" = Peace in Christ? Is eternal...

2 Peter 2:1 wrote:But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Thessalonians 2 wrote:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Galatians 1:8 wrote:But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
-and then he says it AGAIN in verse nine (9)

1 John 4:3 wrote:And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

John 14:27 wrote:Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 wrote:These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Peace on earth? Read Revelation 21. Christ will divide the wheat from the tears, the sheep from the goats, the bridesmaids with oil from those without, the wedding guests with a gown from those without. Do you know what that means?
Luke 12:51 wrote:Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

God bless His word, for it will not return void (Isaiah 55:11)
EnderGate
Christian

Re: World Peace?

Postby angelbein » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 am

Perfect peace comes from following Christ. Peace on this earth is only temporary. So we must rather choose eternal rather than the temporary. For the things that we cannot see is eternal.
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby Angelic Enigma » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:28 pm

There's going to be world peace? Honestly, I don't see this happening. We will never see true peace until we are in His Kingdom.
Jesus is Lord :)
Angelic Enigma
Christian

Postby Angelic Enigma » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm

Nevermind, there will be world peace after Satan has been locked up (look at the end of Revelation) and we will be with Christ, on earth, for 1,000 years!
Jesus is Lord :)
Angelic Enigma
Christian

Postby ScottyB » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:46 am

They'll never have peace without Jesus. Only He can bring peace.

Isn't it funny - the people who talk peace have yet to secure peace in their own hearts. They themselves are actually quite war like - especially agains those who belong to Christ. They'll never achieve their utopian human society because they'll cannablize each other first.
ScottyB
Christian

Postby Arc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:41 am

A world of sin will never become a world of peace.

An idea of peace to the politicians and free willed people of our world envision a world that has no war, and everyone has money. Everyone is free to be their own person in whatever way they choose(whatever it takes to make them happy).

World piece ended with Adam and Eve. Sin rules us and our only shot at peace comes from that man who died a long time ago.
The question today is do you want to know that man?
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Postby Jup » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:18 pm

"1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Let the perishing proclaim peace!
As per Luke 16:31 I will no longer be reviewing posts awaiting approval, and though I am happy to discuss what the bible says/means I will no longer be discussing its accuracy or basis in fact. I consider these to be above such discussion.
Jup
Christian

Return to Christianity 101