Flesh versus The Spirit

Words of Christ in stories and parables from the Bible.

Flesh versus The Spirit

Postby angelbein » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Big mistakes come from seemingly negligible wrong decisions. One little stray from the path of light and you’ll find yourself in the house of darkness. And that’s true.

Remember the immoral woman in Proverbs 7? She’s the perfect picture of Lust! Let’s take a look at her enticing power. This woman’s house is full of sins beyond expectations. It’s covered with the atmosphere that the flesh perfectly wants! And it’s a terrible thing for a Christian to enter her house.
Proverbs 7:8-9 wrote:Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house, In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

“He” is the victim here and “she” does the damage. She’s just simply inviting you to dive into something that you innocently know is good for you. But her greatest attack is what you have already started. It originates from the little self-gratifying thoughts and then escalates itself into actions and these actions lead to sin.
Proverbs 7:10 wrote:And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

“Subtil” in Strong Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries means to conceal, besieged, or hidden thing. The grave sins are simply from our secret and suppressed dirty thoughts. Again, the dirt in our thoughts usually come from what we know is good for us. In usual occasions these are the things which entertain us - whether it be in the form of pictures, music, movies, internet, etc. But men tend to enter her immoral house by means of their eyes. For men’s eyes are the gateways of temptations. And once you step into her house, you’ll discover that it’s harder for you to find a way out. Do not trust on what you know is good for you; trust on what the Word of God says good for you.

Before passing by her house abstain to walk in her road. We must fight the temptations and sins from its very beginning! Unfortunately, sometimes it’s easier said than done. But, we must never lose hope for God has promised to give us endurance to bear it. We must filter every simple decision we make.
1Cor.10:13 wrote:There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Let’s begin to walk in God’s road and not in her worldly road for that wide road will lead us to death. It is said in Pro.7:7 that once you have taken that path, you are more likely to pass by her house and you are foolish enough to meet with her. She is longing and waiting, planning to devour you like a hungry lion, she prepares herself to present a good sight of her body, and she actually deceives you by offering a sweet-smelling apple rotten with worms inside! And the perfect example of deception is Satan the serpent.
Proverbs 7:16-18 wrote:I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt. I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

Myrrh?? Wait. For what I know myrrh was used in ancient times as an anesthetic. So she really means she would inject her victims with temptations that could paralyze them to think and move and then afterwards begin to feel the excruciating pain? Wow that’s clever.
Proverbs 7:12 wrote:Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.

Let us be alert. For she can be found in the streets, TV shows, billboards, internet, movies, magazines, secular lyrics, etc. and she keeps on deceiving as many people as she can for she knows that every great sin comes from small beginnings. She believes that accumulating these seemingly adorable sensations will awaken the desires of the body and give birth to what the Bible calls as “the sins of the flesh”. (Gal.5:19)

Where, when and with whom – these are the things we need to consider in fighting against that whore. Where and when are we most vulnerable? As she has said, it’s at her house in the dark and black night and at times when we’re alone or with someone where nobody sees our actions. Sometimes we are in places where we aren’t supposed to be. And with whom? An isolated person can be her victim or worse, it can be a couple or many who enters her house. Convicted heart isn’t enough. Let us accompany it with the help of the guided feet.

Let us walk in the fullness of Christ. Let us reject lustful thoughts at its root, let us guard our eyes, pray and avoid her road. Even if it’s hard, we can be assured that God is with us every step of the way. Choose Christ rather than Aphrodite. God bless.
Phil.4:13 wrote:I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Mat.28:20 wrote:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Return to Christianity 101