I've Always Believed In Jesus

Christian Testimonies, Ones witness account, etc...

I've Always Believed In Jesus

Postby merryjo40 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:43 am

I wanted to share a story with all over you to express why my faith in Jesus is so strong. Ever since I was born, my parents raised me in the church and taught me Jesus's word. During my freshman year of college one learns other peoples view on Jesus and chrisianity. I had never heard the word "athiest" until I was 18 years old. After I was educated on the definition I was sad... sad for those that don't believe in Jesus Christ. I seemed to want to keep my distance from those that didn't believe, but I knew that isn't what Jesus would want me to do. I know Jesus would want me to share his story even though people didn't want to listen. One of my good friends from high school was one of the people that I never knew was/is athiest. My heart broke as he told me he didn't believe and instead he believed that the government created Jesus in hopes that everyone would be good on earth and so there would be less crime and bad doings. I actually laughed as he told me that, I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.

Over some time, I kept thinking about what my friend had said and why he didn't believe. It seemed as though the government is a huge part of how the world works and how it is. I never wanted to doubt Jesus or my faith lessen, but I was starting to question. Around the time that I was most confused I got a call from my oldest brother. He had been trying to get a hold of me all that morning, but since I had classes my phone was off. When I finally returned his calls, he told me why he needed to talk to me. Our father had fell off a 25ft roof. They had life-flighted him to a popular hospital close to where I go to school. When I got to the hospital we all suspected that he was going to be fine, because he was still alive after the fall. The doctors even told us that he was going to be fine, but that it would take a while for him to recover the 12 broken ribs in multiple places.

Since he had fractured all his ribs numerous times and suffered from severe internal bleeding. But that was just the beginning of what would turn into a three-month ordeal and a long long road to recovery. During the time my father was in the hospital he was put into an induced coma. He suffered a hearth attack and a stroke because of all the stress and trauma his body was going through. He had to deal with blood clots, and later on a blood infection. He had to be placed on life support (ventilator and oscillating breathing machines). It took five chest pumps to drain fluids from his chest cavity. Doctors also attempted kidney dialysis to rid of the blood toxins and to try to reduce his body's swelling. But those attempts were hit-and-miss.

For all he endured in such a short amount of time, is extremely fortunate to be alive. Even the hospital's medical staff was amazed at his recovery. Nurses and doctors told us that people with his type of internal injuries usually do not survive. One nurse said, "You've got to give credit where credit is due and God is the only one who could have done this one."

My father did survive and is still living today. He does have mobility problems, but does as much as he possibly can. After this happened to my father, my family, and myself... I will never doubt the Lord again. I know that there were angels surrounding my dads bed while he was in the hospital. I know and believe that Jesus has a plan for my father and that he saved him for a reason. I also believe that when you doubt Jesus, he will show himself to you. Take it from someone who knows... NEVER DOUBT THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST

-AMEN
merryjo40
Christian

Re: I've Always Believed In Jesus

Postby angelbein » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 am

Amen for that Merry Jo. I was touched so much in your testimony. Keep up your faith. Encourage others the way you were helped and encouraged. God bless. :D
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Re: I've Always Believed In Jesus

Postby gardner » Mon May 19, 2008 1:03 pm

You are very blessed to have had parents to teach you the right way to follow! Beautiful.
The Bible says if you teach them, they will follow. Awesome :D
gardner
Christian

Return to Testimonies