AJs testimony

Christian Testimonies, Ones witness account, etc...

AJs testimony

Postby TheTruthFinders » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:39 am

I grew up in a Christian home and had accepted Christ at the age of six.I had climbed into my sisters bed and asked her how to be saved.I knew that I was a sinner and needed a savior,My sister helped me through that prayer of accepting Christ.

When I turned eight we moved to Alaska.Yes,Alaska.My Uncle had started a church there and that is where my family attended.I was a very friendly person and wanted to make friends,but the kids at that church threw my kindness back in my face.They teased me and called me names,even poured soda on my head.Each time i would just walk away without saying anything. this went on for about 6 years,and as i became older they would pull embarressing things out of my purse and throw them across the classroom(the boys)again I'd walk away without saying anything.Even to this day my parents dont know to the full extent of what went on.

I kept asking the Lord..." why are YOUR people treating me this way?" and I drew away from him.I became bitter in my heart.
I also drew away from people,I wouldnt let people close to me for fear that they would turn on me.Even to this day i have a hard time.

Eventually my uncles church fell apart(another story for another time) and for about a year we did not attend church. I was being home schooled by some family friends,and i kept them at a distance. My math teacher finally sat down next to me and he said these words

"I am breaking down your wall"

I was so shocked,how could he possibly know! his wife then sat on my other side...we had a very long discussion,we talked about my bitterness and pride. I broke down and cried,finally someone saw the pain that I was in.
From that day on,I was a changed person, I had prayed and asked the Lords forgiveness for being bitter and prideful...I also forgave those who has hurt me.
He gave me a gift I never had had before....PATIENCE. I know that he has plans for me that this gift is needed for.

we started attending another church where I grew in the Lord by leaps and bounds,and i rededicated my life to the Lord.
each and every day I find myself growing more and more.... :cross

Amie Jo
TheTruthFinders
Christian

Re: AJs testimony

Postby snow36 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I thank God for him showing the way to you and everyone else who went through traumatizing ordeals such as yours, may God bless you bountifully!
snow36
Christian

Re: AJs testimony

Postby gardner » Mon May 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Awwwwwww!! That was so sweet!! Except for all the trauma stuff though :?
I'm so glad you're not bitter. Forgiveness is the #2 healer, Jesus Christ being #1. :8)
gardner
Christian

Return to Testimonies