Unfruitful ministry?

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

Unfruitful ministry?

Postby PassionForHisWord » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:57 pm

And David perceived that the LORD had confirmed him king over Israel, for his kingdom was lifted up on high, because of his people Israel.- 1 Chronicles 14:2

I was just reading my Bible before I clocked in to work today, and this seemed to stand out to me. And usually, when a scripture seems to pop out at you, it means the Lord is speaking to you.

The way I see this verse is this: Sometimes while trying to serve the Lord, we're taking positions that we believe are the right ones for us. On occasion, we'll be right in our decision. And other times, we'll be wrong.

We know that we're wrong when we don't see any fruits being produced in the ministry we're trying to work in. As soon at that starts to happen, we need to move on and accept the fact that God hasn't ordained us to be serving Him in that way. If you want to serve the Lord and are unsure how He wants you to do it, then pray about it. I can guarantee He'll speak to you.

We know that we're right when we see fruits being produced in our ministries. David knew that the Lord had ordained him to be king over Israel because his kingdom was "lifted on high".

Of course, we also need to take into consideration how God had promised David that he would be king over Israel way before his inaugeration. David always knew that he was going to be king, he just didn't know when. The experience that had in this verse confirmed to him that it was his time to be king. God may reveal to us how He wants us to serve Him early in our Christian lives, but He may not want you to serve Him in that way right now. It's important for us to remember to wait on God's timing. We may be eager to serve Him, but we can't let our own impatience get in the way of His plan. His plan is perfect, and we're going to have to learn to wait, whether we like it or not. When He sees that you're ready, He will use you.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Re: Unfruitful ministry?

Postby Arc » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

that is not 100% true.

There are times when we must pack u pand move to the next place as the apostles did. But just because we dont see movement, doesnt mean its not happening
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Postby PassionForHisWord » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Cobes155 wrote:that is not 100% true.

There are times when we must pack u pand move to the next place as the apostles did. But just because we dont see movement, doesnt mean its not happening

Hmm, true, I didn't take that into consideration.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm

But now that I think about it, there were times when Paul would be traveling, and the Holy Spirit would block him from going somewhere.

I think sometimes we aren't always listening to the Holy Spirit, and we try to force our way into a certain part of ministry. That's where you go wrong.
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby Jup » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:50 am

This is why it's important to be aware of your own pride, and sensitive to the Spirit.

It is possible to barge your way into something you were not led to, it may be the reason your efforts are not fruitfull, however I have experienced times when God has honoured a "step out in faith" action.

It is also important to remember that sometimes you're not intended to reap fruit, but to sow seed for others to reap at the appointed time.

In the end all that matters is that you are obedient to your calling and trust that God will do as He has purposed.
As per Luke 16:31 I will no longer be reviewing posts awaiting approval, and though I am happy to discuss what the bible says/means I will no longer be discussing its accuracy or basis in fact. I consider these to be above such discussion.
Jup
Christian

Return to Let's Talk Christ!