It's a BABY in there!

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

It's a BABY in there!

Postby EnderGate » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Luke 1:41, 44 wrote:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: ...
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Luke 2:16 wrote: And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

Code: Select all
G1025
βρέφος
brephos
bref'-os
Of uncertain affinity; an infant (properly unborn) literally or figuratively: - babe, (young) child, infant.

Abortion is murder, It sorrows my heart, 3000 a day in the USA. Reminds me of Egypt.

God bless,
EnderGate
Christian

Re: It's a BABY in there!

Postby Angelic Enigma » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:08 am

Personally, I believe in "limited" abortion. If some woman is fooling around, she should not be allowed to get an abortion. If a woman is raped, though, she should.

Imagine this: Abortion is illegal. You have a daughter who is 14. She is raped. The man who rapes her threatens to kill her if she tells anyone. Later, she finds out she is pregnant. Since she is scared to tell anyone, not even her parents, she goes to an illegal abortion doctor in some alleyway. She gets the abortion...and she is left to die on the bed. Her baby is killed. You don't know where your daughter is...

My own father told me this story. It really opened my mind. Yes, it's a sick story. But guess what, it's a sick world.

God bless
Angelic Enigma
Christian

Postby Jup » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 am

Imagine this, the 14 year old accepts that this is a consequence of the crime she has endured and with much counseling and guidance chooses not to blame the child for what this man has done to her.

She carries the child to term and adopts the newborn baby out to a couple who are unable to bear children. It has been hard carrying this unwanted child but even after the birth her hardship is not over as the man who raped her has not even been tried for his crime yet. Aborting the pregnancy would not have shortened her ordeal as she must still face this man in court and see his smug face as he declares "she wanted it"...

The child grows up to become a school teacher with a normal and happy life and children of their own, the (now) grown person is aware of the origin of their conception and is gratefull that the victim chose to do what was right and endure the consequences of the crime for a few hard months rather than taking the selfish option. They respect their birth mothers choice and are prepared to wait for the day she might choose to make contact.

You never know what plan God has for a life.

Compare this to a lady who lives in my local area who was shot in the face by an angry flatmates boyfriend with a shotgun - she survived. Every day she must live with the pain of her injury as well as enduring the horrified looks of people she meets as she goes about her day. She will never be able to banish the consequences of this crime to a distant (if painfull) memory as every time she looks in the mirror she is reminded of what one mans evil can do. Her name is Kay Nesbit and her story is here: http://www.abc.net.au/gnt/people/Transc ... 952984.htm

I ask you - who bears the greater suffering? The answer doesn't even matter, it's the consequences of choice that matter, and the 14 year old girl has a choice that Kay never did.

She has the choice to allow love to conquer evil, which is what Jesus taught us.
As per Luke 16:31 I will no longer be reviewing posts awaiting approval, and though I am happy to discuss what the bible says/means I will no longer be discussing its accuracy or basis in fact. I consider these to be above such discussion.
Jup
Christian

Postby Genesis » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:52 am

Personally, I believe in "limited" abortion.

So murder is ok in certain circumstances? It's ok to kill someone if it makes us feel better, or if it convenient to do so?
Genesis
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:52 am

Two wrongs do not ever make a right
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby Arc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 pm

The Bible says that God had EVERY babe in mind before the time of creation. He had a plan for EVERY child, whether that child lived a second in this world or a full lifetime. If you abort just one of those children under ANY conditions, then you have just slain Gods most beautiful creation. One that he saw being VERY good.

Its murder. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for it.
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Postby SolusChristus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 pm

There was an episode of House M.D.

A pregnant woman was sick and her baby was causing it. Her body wasn't recognizing the baby and it was attacking it. The only way to save the mother was aborting the baby.

Would abortion be a good thing in such a case?

If the baby is not aborted, they both die.
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that naturewill reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." Eph. 6:7-8
SolusChristus
Christian

It's a BABY in there!

Postby Jup » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:25 pm

There was an episode of 'Supernatural' where a teddy bear came to life and tried to commit suicide by blowing the back of his head off - what are the moral ramifications of that?

We live our lives by Gods standards - not fictional televisions, but let's look at the situation anyway....

There are any number of interviews aired recently where grown adults have recounted stories of their mothers being advised that their baby was not going to survive and they must abort to save themselves - healthy, grown, adults, crying as they recall how close they were to being murdered before they could live.

In England a boy has just celebrated his 2nd birthday after doctors attempted to kill him in the womb several times! The mother was told that the baby was dead, yet here he is! http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/20039.php

Doctors tell mothers every day that they (or their child) will not be able to survive and that they should kill their child if they want to live. So many simply believe their doctor and live with the emotional torment for the rest of their lives - some committing suicide when they can no longer endure the pain.

But a precious few understand that doctors do not know everything, and the facts are that there are plenty of children out there who are perfectly normal and living happy lives because of this - happy lives with both parents.

Even if there is no happy ending - a cancer patient is expected to do everything medically (and morally) possible to cure their illness, but is also expected to accept that they're going to die within a certain time frame. 'House MD' proposes that it's morally acceptable to kill another human rather than put their hope in God - and that's the missing piece in all of this...

God is able, but He is sovereign.
As per Luke 16:31 I will no longer be reviewing posts awaiting approval, and though I am happy to discuss what the bible says/means I will no longer be discussing its accuracy or basis in fact. I consider these to be above such discussion.
Jup
Christian

Return to Let's Talk Christ!