The Rich

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

The Rich

Postby Arc » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 am

At church they have been talking about idols, and last week the service concentrated on the greatest idol in my culture....money.

Ive read that the rich are to remember the poor, be kind of and take care of the poor. The pastor started by asking if anyone was rich.....no one raised their hands, and at the time I was thinking "yeah...im rich but not with money, but by the grace and mercy and love i receive". He was talking about money though, not the richness of spirit. We went through verses and stories of giving to the poor and using what we have in excess for the good of the poor and not ourselves.

In America I can say this is hard.....if you have extra money you either blow it or save it.

I forget the website but there is a site where you can punch in your annual salary and see how you compare to the rest of the world, and I think as of Sunday if your family made 47,500 USD or more than you are in the the top 1% of wage earners in the world.

Now I am at home, attending college, and I work enough to buy myself things that i dont need and some things I dont even use. My dad just got a job making more than he did previously and when I my household against the world that would make me a rich man.

It makes me think differently about my responsibilities and my thoughts on my possessions. When i read the words rich man, i think myself or my neighbor now, its different
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Re: The Rich

Postby WayKnowledge » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Hey Arc,

Somehow I missed this Two months ago. What a brilliant thread to start.

The Lord has indeed blessed us beyond our powers to comprehend. In Fact, any of us with computers and access to the internet ought to be considered Wealthy.

The site you mention (or, one very like it is called the Global Rich List,:http://www.globalrichlist.com/index.php. I believe it would do us all some good to find out where we rank in riches among the billions of people in the world population -- and to ask the Lord How and Where some of the money from our comfort can be sent to comfort those in distress.

God Bless you for directing us.

Marc
WayKnowledge
Christian

Return to Let's Talk Christ!