To die for

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

To die for

Postby Jup » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 am

I've been watching movies where parents are depicted sacrificing their lives to save their childrens and it occurs to me that perhaps not many of us (parents) give this much specific thought.

Is it perhaps because we take it as a given? Of course I'd lay down my life to give my child a chance! Many parents may not even consider that daily they lay down their lives for their childrens betterment (I speak of course of how parents ought to be, it is a sad reflection that there are those who do not fit this mould).

I would like to offer that this is a part of the natural order, and in fact quite probably a part of us being made in Gods image, after all, Jesus lay down His life for us.
As per Luke 16:31 I will no longer be reviewing posts awaiting approval, and though I am happy to discuss what the bible says/means I will no longer be discussing its accuracy or basis in fact. I consider these to be above such discussion.
Jup
Christian

Re: To die for

Postby Arc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:12 pm

Only Christ did the same after we stabbed him in the back time and time again without remorse or repentance....which makes it that a wonderful mystery
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Return to Let's Talk Christ!