How do you serve in your community?

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

How do you serve in your community?

Postby Arc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 am

Sitting in church the other day I felt the spirit move on me to serve.....So during the service i signed up as being interested in going into the community or wherever im needed. Immediately after they asked for anyone to stay and set up chairs. (My church is in a gymnasium which is seats around my guess is 1000.) So we put away all those chairs, roll the mats, carpets, and gym lining. It took about 20 of us 2 hours and I had more of a workout then I do when i hit the gym....lol and i was the only younger guy there. Ill be doing that as much as I can, but it struck me I hadnt served in a long time. It felt good!

So im waiting to hear what opportunities my church needs help with.....2nd saturday serve is also coming up which i wanna help with. We just go help the community and help with angelfood ministries. ( last time i went though I got poison sumac for 3 months lol)

In what ways do you all serve on a regular basis? Out of curiosity? I think its good to share these ideas
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Re: How do you serve in your community?

Postby PassionForHisWord » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 pm

That's good dude :). God truly blesses service.

I serve by helping blow leaves in the morning on Sundays
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Return to Let's Talk Christ!