Where's everybody at these days?

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

Where's everybody at these days?

Postby PassionForHisWord » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see where everyone is at in their life right now :). I kind of miss hearing from you all and all of the discussion we used to have. So...let's talk Christ. How's your walk with the Lord going? What has He been doing through you lately? Where do you think He's calling you to be?
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Re: Where's everybody at these days?

Postby angelbein » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Weston! Yeah I miss the discussions too. I think many of us here have gone from being online to walking lives in line with Christ. I just think some of us have priorities changed or that some are being used full time in the ministry of the Lord outside this forum. Glad to hear from you though. The forum's quite silent for a long time.

I'm thankful that the Lord is teaching me things that I need to learn to be a man. A boy is selfish, a man is selfless. This is what I want to live - service. I'm leading a Bible study group and am a part of a Discipleship group. I'm also having a close relationship with my Lord. For now, He's my only friend whom I can run to so I schedule daily time to have a heart-to-heart talk about matters in life.

I consider my days of selfishness to be over. I'm looking for ways in which I can serve God and His people. I'm also considering doing mission trips sometime soon, of course that depends on the will and leading of the Lord.

He is also impressing in my heart that until I am not yet a man of character and integrity, I am still not yet ready for a committed romantic relationship. While I am considering a girl that God may give to me as a lifetime partner, it's still not my priority for now. She's very special to me, and we build up each other through Bible studies, sharing and prayer. It's my desire that all of the aspects of my life now is discussed between me and my Lord. I believe that if there is something hidden from Him, there can probably be something wrong with it. :)

That's all I can say for now. I will walk with the Lord.
How about you brother?
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:52 am

That's all really good to hear my friend, it really is :) . Did you ever decide on which church you were going to start getting involved in?

I can't say my walk is having phenomenal leaps and bounds right now, but the Lord is definitely doing things in me. I've been finding myself to be more and more open to sharing my faith with other people. This is particularly true with people at my work. He's just sort of created this peace in me to just let go of what people think of what I believe and what they'll think of me when they see how I'm associated to it. Times are tough these days, we don't have any reason to be playing around anymore. People are looking for hope and an answer to rely on, because the way they've been living their lives isn't holding up very well with the way the world is going.
I guess you could say it seems like I've been getting a lot of insight into the heart of God towards others. No, that doesn't mean I'm always the most loving person that you've ever met. But I've just had this awareness lately of how much God cares for all of these anonymous people around me, and that I need to be an ambassador of that love. It's something much bigger than me and my opinion of others.
Something else I've been realizing is how much of a reality this insight has become to me. I find myself get so offended when I hear someone saying something about God that isn't true (according to scripture). People are so desperate for God, and God has an immeasurable desire to have a relationship with people. It's a beautiful thing. When someone jumps in the middle of that and paints their own picture of God based on how they "feel" about how He is or deliberately interpreting the Bible loosely or something along those lines, it's like they take that beautiful reality of God's heart towards us and smear their ugly augmentations and modifications to it. It disgusts me. God is who He is, and we have no say in it. We only listen and report.

Yup, that pretty much sums things up with me!
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Postby Arc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 am

haha good to hear Bein!

And im glad to see your still learning Passion.

Im in between semesters at college still (1 year to go) working my butt off during the summer. In my walk I find myself focusing on the people around me and what kind of man I am going to have to step up and be.

for instance my cousin, who God has called me to look after, and to guide him. His brother and I are the only 2 people he will come to for advice. It just so happens that his brother and I are on the same page it seem in our walk, and our level of knowledge and growth. So we have our part to play in guiding him in the right direction.

There are a few others which I will need to be the deliverer of some very tough answers. Im trying to prepare myself for some very tough conversations, dealing with questions of why God allows pain, send people to hell, and whatever stems from those questions, and then some.
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Postby angelbein » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 am

Andrew, this site may help you answer those questions: www.gotquestions.org :)
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby PassionForHisWord » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:51 pm

That's also really good to hear Arc :). I think you and your cousin's brother should keep in regular contact with each other when it comes to things you guys are mentoring your cousin on. I'll pray on that
PassionForHisWord
Christian

Return to Let's Talk Christ!