King James Version

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

King James Version

Postby EnderGate » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:06 pm

Reason for using the King James Version of the Holy Bible.

Enjoy!
EnderGate
Christian

Postby Rolloffle » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks. :)
Rolloffle
Christian

Postby atcNick » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:45 pm

Thats very interesting. I had no idea. And here I am reading the Amplified Bible. Is there a translation of the KJV thats easy for the lamen American to read. In other words, plain American English and less thous and thys.
-Nick
atcNick
Christian

Postby shiggityx2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:01 pm

In college I used the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV). I really enjoyed it and it had excellent notes. I don't personally have anything against the KJV since the English language got so many of its idoms from the KJV (not to mention our friends Shakespeare, Dryden and Milton used it as their source). English speakers (Christian or not) definitely should be familiar with the KJV for its literary merit.
shiggityx2
unknown

Postby achymah » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:36 pm

I really appreciated this video. I have always heard people who say "King James only" but most cannot back up their reasons why, so this was refreshing and enlightening. Can anyone provide me with other links, either corroberating or disagreeing with this one? I am not saying I don't agree with him, or don't believe what he is saying, but I like to do a lot of investigation first. Thanks!
achymah
Christian

Postby hbortiz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Very interisting, I inmediately went to the link on you-tube and compared the Bible I have been reading for years and fortunately, it is the right version. It happens to be in Spanish, I speak English and Spanish but Spanish is my primary lenguage and prefer to read it in Spanish to avoid loosing a word.
Wisdom is the fear of The Lord and depart from evil is Real Understanding.......
Love God, The Lord, with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.......Everything has been told.......
hbortiz
Christian

Postby DevonR » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:35 pm

http://jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/New%20King%20James%20Bible/nkjv_changed.htm

Here are some links about the NKJV. I'd stick with KJV.
DevonR
Christian

Postby angelbein » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:34 am

I agree with the King James Version of the Bible. But it's good to have at least two to three other versions to compare with.
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby DevonR » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:58 am

yeah I have plenty of versions to compare it with... and they all have missing passages and/or corrupted verses which can confuse people.

I can't decide which is worse though... the NIV or the NKJV.
DevonR
Christian

Re: King James Version

Postby achymah » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

I have a question about this, and I am not trying to put down the KJV or anyting, I am coming ot believe that it is the best, but unless you fluently read greek and Hebrew, how do you know for sure which version is closest to the original? Besides taking someone elses word on it I mean? This is where my problem comes in lately. I trust GOd, but I do not trust man, so I have to find a way to determine which is the correct translation based on my limited kno9wledge, you know what I mean?
achymah
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm sure the message of salvation can be pointed out in any Bible translation.

Years ago, I was personally convicted to cross check with the King James Version before having a reasonable explanation or understanding why.

Fellow brothers and sisters, we should not mock any other for the Bible translation they use. I have NIV, NAB, don't get it from a man, pray the Lord reveal what is best for you at the stage of your growth in Christ. However, When asked, I do recommend KJV.

Satan would certianly like to devide the members of the body of Christ. Let us submit to God, not the other.
EnderGate
Christian

Postby DevonR » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:04 am

only the king james should be used. Most of the translations now have passages taken out, and modified... this I cannot stand. I do have many bibles to compare with, but it's hard to compare passages when they are taken out :lol: ha-ha

That is why I like king james 1611 best.

NIV, NKJV, NSRV, (and many others) are all modified! God's Word should be protected and preserved... not be let into the hands of multi-million satanic corporations that reproduce modified bible versions that Chrisitans use thinking they are okay...
DevonR
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:51 am

DevonR wrote:God's Word should be protected and preserved... not be let into the hands of multi-million satanic corporations that reproduce modified bible versions that Chrisitans use thinking they are okay...

God is quite capable to protect and preserve His Word, Christ is the Word, see gospel of John Chapter 1
"14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"
Hebrews 10:16 wrote:This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

We can't do the work of the Holy Spirit, "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3:15 )
EnderGate
Christian

Postby BladeofTruth » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:45 am

I agree that the :cross Father Almighty is able to protect and preserve his word, however it is more then alittle obivious that he has chosen to preserve his divine Word within the King James Bible. All the rest of the Bible versions {NIV,NKJ,etc} have sadly been tampered with too much by man. DevonR brings up an interesting point about Corporations. Selling Bibles is actually Big business, espiecally in America, so its not surprising that we have so many corrupt versions.

Ironically in 1988 Zondervan and the NIV was purchased by Harper & Row, Publishers (now HarperCollins Publishers). HarperCollins publishes "pro-homosexual" books...
HarperCollins is a subsidiary of the global media empire, The News Corporation, owned by Rupert Murdock. The News Corporation empire includes Fox Broadcasting, Twentieth Century Fox, and more than 128 newspapers. Fox Broadcasting produces some of the most sexually lewd shows on television. Murdock also publishes the British newspaper, the Sun, notorious for its nude pin-ups.

** http://www.-Bad Link-/Bible/ne ... ersion.htm
We should preach as we would chop meat. :)
BladeofTruth
Christian

Postby StrataXIII » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:22 pm

So your going to use "pro-homosexual" companies to say that a version is bad? Dont you know that King James himself was a practicing homosexual? By your own standards, that would have to make the KJV the devils masterpiece.

Let me ask you guys a question. Can someone be saved out of a NKJV or an NIV? If you answer honestly, then you will have to say yes. I myself got saved out of a NKJV.

This brings me to my second question. Since you guys say that these versions are the devils masterpieces, does that mean I am not actually saved, or that I will now follow the devil?

Are you associating the works of CHRIST to the devil?

Think about that.

Does not these versions preach salvation through Christ, the trinity, redemption through His blood, the ressurection? Since the answer is yes, I ask you guys, what is the problem?

Why dont you do some research of the KJV and find that it is not perfect, and that it itself is no better or worse than the NKJV, or NIV, or most others.

If you are obsessing with texts of the devil why dont you look at the true satanic writings.

Satans bible, the Koran, the New world Translation, Buddist stuff, the satanic bible, and so forth.

God's word IS preserved. NOT IN JUST ONE VERSION.

I use the NKJV, and I also use the KJV. There is nothing wrong with them. They do their job and that is to preach the gospel to all the world, and get people saved.

I dont mean to sound rude, but I am getting tired of the KJV onlyism. I have seen too many people chased away because some guy said their version was from satan, or that if they dont get saved in the KJV, then they arent saved at all.

This KJV onlyism is doing more damage to God, then good for God, and it needs to stop.

I am willing to do this debate if I have to, but I would rather not. We are supposed to be unified in Christ. Not divided.

The word of God IS the word of God.

Again this wasnt typed in anger though it may sound like it. God bless you guys.
You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything
StrataXIII
Christian

Next

Return to Let's Talk Christ!