King James Version

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

Re: King James Version

Postby BladeofTruth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:28 am

I heard this again and again, I am just going to simply point to this article:

QUESTION: I have been told that King James was a homosexual. Is this true?

ANSWER: No.

EXPLANATION: King James I of England, who authorized the translation of the now famous King James Bible, was considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, monarchs that England has ever seen.
Through his wisdom and determination he united the warring tribes of Scotland into a unified nation, and then joined England and Scotland to form the foundation for what is now known as the British Empire.
At a time when only the churches of England possessed the Bible in English, King James' desire was that the common people should have the Bible in their native tongue. Thus, in 1603, King James called 54 of history's most learned men together to accomplish this great task. At a time when the leaders of the world wished to keep their subjects in spiritual ignorance, King James offered his subjects the greatest gift that he could give them. Their own copy of the Word of God in English.
James, who was fluent in Latin, Greek, and French, and schooled in Italian and Spanish even wrote a tract entitled "Counterblast to Tobacco",which was written to help thwart the use of tobacco in England.
Such a man was sure to have enemies. One such man, Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.
The report was largely ignored since there were still enough people alive who knew it wasn't true. In fact, it lay dormant for years, until recently when it was picked up by Christians who hoped that vilifying King James, would tarnish the Bible that bears his name so that Christians would turn away from God's book to a more "modern" translation.
It seems though, that Weldon's false account is being once again largely ignored by the majority of Christianity with the exception of those with an ulterior motive, such as its author had.
It might also be mentioned here that the Roman Catholic Church was so desperate to keep the true Bible out of the hands of the English people that it attempted to kill King James and all of Parliament in 1605.
In 1605 a Roman Catholic by the name of Guy Fawkes, under the direction of a Jesuit priest by the name of Henry Garnet, was found in the basement of Parliament with thirty-six barrels of gunpowder which he was to use to blow up King James and the entire Parliament. After killing the king, they planned on imprisoning his children, re-establishing England as a state loyal to the Pope and kill all who resisted. Needless to say, the perfect English Bible would have been one of the plot's victims. Fawkes and Garnet and eight other conspirators were caught and hanged.
It seems that those who work so hard to discredit the character of King James join an unholy lot.

** http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/ ... iblecenter

That company is not only pro-sodomite, it also publishes the Bible of the church of Satan. Doesn't that raise some red flags?

Yes we are supposed to unified in Christ, however we must not make compromises to do so. The rest of the bible versions are corrupt, PERIOD. By the way, StrataXIII, the NKJV did NOT save you nor could you of been possibly saved by reading it... Our Father Almighty choose to save you whether you read the NKJV or not. Consider yourself blessed and rejoice. God Bless.
We should preach as we would chop meat. :)
BladeofTruth
Christian

Postby StrataXIII » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:39 pm

"StrataXIII, the NKJV did NOT save you nor could you of been possibly saved by reading it"

First off, I did not say the NKJV saved me. I said I was saved out of it.

Second "nor could you of been possibly saved by reading it"

Are you saying the word of God can not save someone? Only by word of mouth a person can be saved? I know two people who got saved just by reading the NKJV. Are you saying that they could not possibly be saved?

So now we find that you not only associate the works of christ to the devil (getting saved without a KJV)

You now doubt that anyone who claimed to be saved with another version is in fact not saved.

You want us to be united in Christ, yet you choose to kick people out of heaven because you worship a different version.

Dont say you only worship the word of god because you dont.

Thousands die and get saved every day for/from the word of God, Whether its in the NIV, KJV, NKJV, NASB or what, but none die strictly for a version.

If God was not present in the other "corrupted" bibles, none would get saved out of them. God saves people, not versions. He is present in most versions.

I advise you to stop limiting the power of God, and accept the fact that he does not reside in only one translation.
You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything
StrataXIII
Christian

Postby BladeofTruth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:35 pm

StrataXIII you are letting your anger get the hold of you and are putting words in my mouth that I did not say. God can save anyone regardless of what bible they read or if they even bother to read a bible. Though as a fellow Believer in Christ does it not concern you at the least that other versions cut entire verses from the bible??

And what of the people who are NOT saved by reading a NKJV? You must realize the danger of allowing these other bible versions to infiltrate the church.. I am not arguing for the sake of "I just simply like the KJV better" but for the sake of Truth. The NKJV does NOT preserve the Word of God, please do some research and you will know be shocked to see the corruption in the NKJV.

Forgive me for offending you earlier, but you would do the same for me if I read a Bible that has not preserved the Holy Word of God Almighty.
We should preach as we would chop meat. :)
BladeofTruth
Christian

Postby Arc » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:05 am

I've seen people arguing this on more than a few threads, I use the King James version, but I was saved through the New International Version, I have since picked up the KJV but because a version is slightly different does not mean it is completely evil. I believe God lead me to read the KJV but saying it over and over will not make someone else use the KJV. It is a mans journey and he will use the Bible God has lead him to use. Other versions may be missing verses but they still contain the gospel.
I am an Exile, a Sojourner. I am a nomad, a wanderer. I am a pilgrim, a voyager. Ill never call this place my home, Im just passing through
Arc
Christian

Location: I'll never call this place my home, Im just passing through

Postby EnderGate » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am

Yes, even though I too, convicted to use a KJV, would never want to offend a brother or sister in Christ.

Sometimes the truth is offensive, but "the truth (Christ Jesus) will set you free" and shouldn't be watered down. We can state our opinions. If we are right, then only the Holy Spirit can bare witness of it to others. God's Divine plan is in motion, His will be done, in His good time.

Additionally, only the KJV is free from the copyright laws of man. So when quoting Bible verses here, to avoid copyright infringement, we request one use only KJV quotes.

Thanks,

Above all, regardless of all this, One's salvation is THE most important choice a New Christian must consider. For only in Christ can the truth be known, He is "the way, the truth, the life" (John 14:6) Learn to point out the path to Salvation in Christ Jesus, in many translations, only after they are saved, can one be born of the Spirit.
EnderGate
Christian

Postby StrataXIII » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:04 am

I am not offended by any means, and I do use the KJV for a lot of things. I myself prefer NKJV because that is what God led me to.

The few things that bother me about KJV onlyism is what I have seen done through it. I have seen people chased away and never saved because of it. I am tired of people telling me that I am reading satans book. No one around me calls the bible a book from satan.

I was not angry by any means. I just type that way and I apologize for it.

Gods word is not only in the KJV and I wish people would see that.

I dont like the copyright laws of the other versions. I think it is absolutely stupid. I like how the KJV has none.

I love the word of God. Not the word of men. If I could read greek and hebrew and had the original texts, then that is what I would read. I dont so I read what is as close as possible, and that in my opinion is found in the NKJV, NASB, and the KJV.

God bless you guys! :D
You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything
StrataXIII
Christian

Postby DevonR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:04 pm

God could have led you to any bible... Remember, love Jesus more than anything else, EVEN if it means to let go of some object you love very much (NKJV version).

The NKJV has verses taken out... now what if I asked you a verse that wasn't in the NKJV, or was modified? What would you do? Go run and grab a KJV?

Please understand I love you as a brother in Christ, I don't want ANYONE here reading bad corrupted bibles... As bill schnoebelen said (which I have said this before) Rat poison might be 99% good food, but it's the 1% that kills... think about it...

let go of your NKJV and switch to king james version. You will gain extra verses! wow!
DevonR
Christian

Postby Ross71707 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 am

Over the past few months I have been reading several different translations of the bible, I started to notice some differences in translations nothing big I thought. Until I started reading about Westcott and Hort, if what I have read is true then these two men did not believe in the divinity of Christ, were unsaved and agreed with Evolution. The final point on this they did not propose they greek translation at once to the 1871-1881 commitee they sneaked in they translation over the 10 years. If I am wrong or have got the wrong info I need to know.

But until I find more info I will use the KJV or the NKJV since I am told the NKJV just replaces the thee's/thou's
Ross71707
Christian

Postby Rodderz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:43 pm

I was always a strong believer in the KJV. I really like this video because it is just more proof that the King James Version is the way to go :)
Rodderz
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Ross71707 wrote:But until I find more info I will use the KJV or the NKJV since I am told the NKJV just replaces the thee's/thou's

Acts 3:26 (KJV) wrote:Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
Acts 3:26 (NKJV) wrote:To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning every one of you away from his iniquities.

Was Jesus God's Son? παῖς can mean both, but I think we know, by the context and the writer...

Romans 1:25 (KJV) wrote:Who changed the truth of God into a lie
Romans 1:25 (NKJV) wrote:Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie
Does this mean the same?

Exodus 16:28, (KJV) wrote:And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Exodus 16:28, (NKJV) wrote:And the LORD said to Moses, "How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws?

It was the people, not Moses, that God was upset with. "Ye" means more than one person. "Thee," "thou," "thy," "thine," "doeth," "hast," etc., only mean one person.

God bless,
EnderGate
Christian

Postby Rolloffle » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 am

Harper Collins also publishes Anton La Vey's Satanic Bible.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780 ... index.aspx
Rolloffle
Christian

Postby ServantOfJesus » Fri May 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Just a quick thought... I'm not a KJV Onlyist, I believe some of the versions we have today are fine, particurally the NASB, and maybe the NIV.

The "omissions" in the NIV, was probably not an implicit attempt to hi-jack the bible, many of the supposed verses that are omitted were absent from the greek manuscripts that were used to translate. 1 John 5:7 was absent from many of the greek manuscripts, the trinity was many times debated over, and 1 John 5:7 was left in the KJV, but removed from other versions.

The NASB is a great literal translation, I personally use the KJV often, but most scholars do know and prove the validity of the NASB, it's a great version.

KJV Onlyism is very vague, it doesn't make sense to condemn every other version and manuscript that wasn't used for the KJV. Paul the Apostle never used the KJV, and I'm sure many bible scholars and reformers don't hold to KJV Onlyism.

You might want to read the King James Only Controversy by James White. I'm sure it's a great read.

God bless.
ServantOfJesus
Christian

Postby angelbein » Sat May 03, 2008 4:13 am

I've been using GNT or Good news Translation (now Today's English Version) as my other reference of my Bible. But I have the sense that it is very corrupted in a sense that when I compared it to the KJV, there are some words that are not found in KJV or added in the GNT.

As a modern reference for Bible, I use it to understand it more but the last authority that I would practice is the use of KJV when sharing the Word of God.

Take for example the verse 1John 5:7,
KJV wrote:For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

while
GNT wrote:There are three witnesses:

Where's the Father, Holy Ghost and Jesus (the Word)??

Now that's a very far comparison.. :D
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby Jordan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:59 am

So you guys are KJV-Onlyist's?

Also, can anyone recommend a good KJV Study Bible? :)
Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
Jordan
Christian

Postby EnderGate » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 am

Jordan wrote:So you guys are KJV-Onlyist's?

No, I'm not, but there are some here that are.

I could point one to the path of salvation from any version, but am personally convicted to use and quote the KJV.

Due to the text of the KJV being free from copyright, we request quotes here be from KJV. The other translation have copyright limits of the text one can copy.

Thanks,
EnderGate
Christian

PreviousNext

Return to Let's Talk Christ!