King James Version

Talk about Jesus Christ, the unblemished lamb of God, whose blood washes away the sins of the world. Our helmet of salvation.

Re: King James Version

Postby angelbein » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 am

Nice work Jupjup... It gave me another insight again.. :D
I am forgiven and freed. It is finished. I am not my own anymore.
angelbein
Christian

Postby ServantOfJesus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:15 pm

The context of the term "repent" is not the same in for man as it is with God in the KJV.

I do have a problem with the KJV, one being these archaic words. It is also interesting that many cults use the KJV, because they manipulate and twist the archaic words to fit their cultic doctrines. Such practices would fail immediately when using modern versions.

Modalists/Patripassionists use Col 2:9 in the KJV to suit their doctrine, but it absolutely fails if the NASB is used instead.

It is not simply the thee's and the thou's, but there are over 300 archaic words in the KJV. Many of them possibly have lost meaning, or have been redefined, since the publishing of the AV.

These aren't reasons that the KJV is corrupt, only that you may want to get another version if it does not fit you. If you find the obscure words too misleading, use one of the other major versions.
ServantOfJesus
Christian

Postby Genesis » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 pm

I find the archaic terms to be much better once I understood them. It's hard because no-one uses the language these days, but I find the KJV to be a much better version. Everything comes across with so much more depth and meaning, I find most of the newer versions to be quite dead in comparison.
Genesis
Christian

Previous

Return to Let's Talk Christ!